Monday, August 9, 2010

Don't forget the Dysfunction...

I just read my last post and while I like the tribute it was to Mimi, it read just a little too perfect. Meaning, I think I made my family sound a little too perfect. That's why I was afraid to start a blog...I feared presenting only the best, fun facts about myself, only highlighting the good, giving a very one dimensional look at my life.

So, please hear me when I say.....my family loves each other, but we are most definitely dysfunctional. For every wonderful moment full of shopping and wedding showers, there are just as many moments filled with hurt feelings, fights, being upset, and relating to each other in unhealthy ways. I don't know why, but family members know how to push each other's buttons like no one else and they can hurt you like no one else, too. I know the junk in my heart comes out more with my family than with anyone else. Those relationships are some of the most confusing, complicated and hurtful because of this dynamic.

Families are wonderfully hard and exceptionally complicated, and mine is no exception.

Just felt the need to clear that up...and at least give you a two-dimensional look at my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment