Friday, August 6, 2010

Why Blog?

Well, the short answer is...I'm not really sure. Part of me thinks I don't really have anything worth saying. But I was reminded the other day that I love to write. It feels like if I don't write things down, they didn't really happen....it's how I process, how I dream, how I think. And then I thought about how ordinary a lot of my days are, and how hard life can be, but how, in the midst of it, there are these amazing moments...filled with God's grace and love and wonderfulness. So I want to write because I want to dwell there, in those moments.

I named the blog "dwell in grace" because well, grace is my most favorite concept EVER. Being introduced to grace a few years ago (i.e. finding out God was madly in love with me for free - NOT based on performance) changed everything about me. And I've always loved the word "dwell". I'm going through a season of learning how to "dwell" (remain in / soak up into the very core of me) in God and in His love and grace.

So...I want to write about the things I love, the things that are hard, and what I'm learning. These topics include (but are not limited to)...what God is teaching me, amazing books, thought provoking conversations, the city, art, travel, community, food, fashion, learning, and things that make me laugh. So, if anyone actually reads this, I hope you like reading it as much as I like writing it.




1 comment:

  1. Happy to have found this. I love hearing your heart! And I agree....writing is therapy and so relaxing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete